Do you want to study nursing but need some extra money? Fortunately, there are numerous scholarships available to assist aspiring nurses in achieving their goals. Check out these nursing scholarships available around the world, organized by region…
Nursing scholarships to study in the US and Canada
The United States
- Cherokee Uniforms’ A Nurse I Am Scholarship – Nursing students can receive up to ten $2,000 scholarships.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) – Provides Continuing Professional Development Scholarships to members in order to help them acquire knowledge and skills that go beyond traditional academic nursing education. A limited number of scholarships for specific academic courses will be awarded in the future.
- Red Cross of America Nursing Scholarship – Jane Delano A scholarship is available to nursing students who have volunteered with or worked for an American Red Cross unit. Each year, a limited number of $3,000 scholarships are awarded.
- Nurses at Cascade Healthcare Solutions Make a Difference Scholarship – A $1,000 scholarship is given each year to an aspiring nurse who is currently enrolled (or accepted) in an undergraduate nursing program. To apply, you must be a legal resident of the United States or have a valid student visa.
- Delta State College – Scholarships are available to study at the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing.
- The National Student Nurses Association’s foundation (FNSNA) General Scholarship – Open to all nursing students in the United States who are currently enrolled in a state-approved undergraduate or graduate nursing program. Per academic year, awards range from $1,000 to $7,500.
Apply for Notification here
Nursing scholarships to study in the Canada
- Canadian Nurses Foundation – A variety of awards to help Canadian nursing students at all levels of study, from baccalaureate to doctorate. The prizes range from $1,000 to $10,000 USD.
- Six Montfort Clinical Excellence Scholarships of CA$6,000 each are available to study nursing in French at Montfort Hospital. You must have an outstanding academic record and be enrolled in an Ontario university’s baccalaureate nursing program.
- Bursaries ranging from CA$500 to $2,000 are available for full-time nursing students in British Columbia who demonstrate the greatest financial need.
- University of Alberta – Several scholarships are available to study nursing at the university, including the Ambassador Award, which is awarded based on academic excellence.
- University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) – A variety of nursing scholarships are available for current and incoming nursing students at UPEI, including the Friends of UPEI Calgary Bill and Denise Andrew Scholarship in Nursing, which awards up to CA$5,000 to students starting their nursing program, with preference given to students from Calgary.
- The Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing at the University of Toronto offers over 75 undergraduate awards and 100 graduate fellowships based on academic excellence and/or financial need.
Nursing scholarships to study in the United Kingdom
- Florence Nightingale Foundation – The foundation offers a variety of research, travel, and leadership scholarships.
- Belfast Queen’s University Scholarships for Patricia Napier – There are two postgraduate scholarships available to study an MSc or postgraduate diploma at Queen’s University Belfast’s School of Nursing and Midwifery.
- Scholarships from the RCN Foundation – A variety of educational and hardship grants are available for nursing students and professionals, including the Olufunke Adeyeye Education Grant, which assists nurses and midwives from ethnic minority backgrounds in advancing their professional studies.