The University of Notre Dame in the United States is offering Peace Studies Scholarships to students interested in pursuing a degree program at the institution.
The Kroc Institute’s Peace Studies Scholarship prepares students to become outstanding scholars and teachers who contribute to a growing body of peacebuilding knowledge and practice with the goal of addressing violence and alleviating human suffering.
Application deadline: December 15, 2022
International countries are eligible.
Award Value: All admitted students receive a full tuition scholarship, a generous stipend (based on South Bend’s cost of living), health insurance, and additional funding for conference travel and research activities.
The number of awards is not specified.
Award period: three years
Eligibility for Peace Studies Scholarship at University of Notre Dame, USA 2023:
- To be eligible for admission to a graduate program at the University of Notre Dame, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, either domestic or international.
- Applicants will have relevant training or research experience in the joint area of interest. Previous graduate work is not required, except for Peace Studies and Theology, which require a master’s degree in theology. Prospective peace studies master’s students should look into the Master of Global Affairs in International Peace Studies program.
How to Apply for Peace Studies Scholarship at University of Notre Dame, USA 2023:
All applicants must complete the online Graduate School Application for Admission. No paper materials will be accepted for consideration; all required materials must be uploaded to the application. Applications must be completed and submitted by December 15 of the year preceding admission to the fall semester.
The Graduate School Application for Admission requires the following materials from the applicant:
- CV (Curriculum Vitae);
- Intention statement;
- Sample of writing
- Three recommenders’ names and contact information;
- Unofficial transcripts from previous institutions or degrees in progress;
- GRE – General Test score required for all areas except Anthropology and Psychology (Fall 2023 cycle);
- International applicants must have a TOEFL or IELTS score.