NextGenS Scholarship Program at the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) (A special Scholarship Scheme to support the development of the next generation of innovation-minded youth scientists).
The UNIMED NextGenS Scholarship is a three-year initiative that will be evaluated. In other words, it will cover admission exercises for the academic years 2022/23, 2023/24, and 2024/25 and is four years tenable for undergraduates and two years tenable for postgraduates.
The mission of the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) is to provide exceptional integrated education and research in all health-related sciences; to expand access to compassionate, comprehensive, and high-quality healthcare for underserved populations; and to lead the scientific pathway for reducing disease burden in our society. UNIMED’s vision is to be a thriving medical and health sciences university that is recognized locally, nationally, and internationally for excellence and innovation in health education and research, as well as the ability to translate research findings.
The Goal and Benefits of the UNIMED NextGenS Scholarship Program
- Students who enroll in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Animal & Environmental Biology, Plant Biology and Biotechnology, Environmental Science, and Food Science at UNIMED in the 2022/2023 academic year will receive a 45% fee discount (i.e. school fees of N100,000 only) per academic year.
- Scholarships are available for students with a minimum grade of second class or lower until graduation.
- Students with a first or second-class upper in Medical Physics, Environmental Physics, Medicinal Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Health Statistics, and Mathematical Biology are eligible for a 50% tuition discount.
Qualification for the UNIMED NextGenS Scholarship Scheme
- Candidates who chose University of Medical Sciences, Ondo as their first and second choices in the 2022 UTME and received a score of 160 or higher are eligible for the Post UTME Screening. Candidates who did not choose the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo but are willing to change are also eligible for the screening.
- Candidates must have five (5) credit passes in relevant O/Level subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, at one sitting for the MBBS/BDS programme and not more than two sittings in relevant O/Level subjects, including English and Mathematics, for other University programs.
- Direct entry candidates with a minimum of 10 points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects or a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the Basic Medical or Biological Sciences with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) are also eligible to apply for Medicine, Surgery, and Dentistry Courses.
Documents Required for Application
- Candidates are encouraged to visit the University website, www.unimed.edu.ng, send an e-mail to [email protected], or call the phone number: +234-813-551-3654.
- Candidates who do not appear for the Admission Screening Exercise will not be considered for admission.
- All candidates are asked to bring the following items to the screening location:
For Direct-Entry Candidates, JAMB UTME Notification of Results or Registration Slips; Printed copy of the completed 2021/2022 Admission Screening slip.
How to Apply for University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) 2022-2023 Undergraduate NextGenS Scholarship Scheme – Ondo, Nigeria
Are you interested and qualified? To apply, visit the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) website at www.unimed.edu.ng.
Eligible candidates should go to the University’s website, www.unimed.edu.ng, and follow the steps below:
- Click on Admission; then, to access the Post-UTME Portal, click on Post-UTME.
- Click on PAYMENT to make a payment using DEBIT Cards through the online payment system.
- On the Post-UTME Portal, click on Application Login to Login with your UTME Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID as Password to complete the screening form after payment.
For more information on payment and application, please visit the University’s website at www.unimed.edu.ng, and for any online issues, please contact [email protected]