The German Bundestag has been offering a scholarship program for politically committed young university graduates from South Africa, Namibia, and Botswana who are interested in the German parliamentary system and actively support basic democratic values in their home countries since 2020.
Eight fellows can get to know the German parliamentary system and political decision-making processes in the German Bundestag up close and personal during a four-week compact program.
The program will be held in Berlin. The program’s centerpiece is a one-week internship in the office of a German Bundestag member.
Application deadline: September 30, 2022
South Africa, Namibia, and Botswana are eligible.
Taken in (Country): Germany
Course Type: Short Course
8 awards were given out.
Award period: 4 weeks
Value of Award: Each participant receives a grant of 500 euros. Furthermore, health, accident, and liability insurance costs are covered. Furthermore, free housing in a residential complex is provided (two-person shared apartment). Travel expenses to and from Berlin will be reimbursed.
Eligibility for German International Parliamentary Scholarship Program for Young Leaders in Southern Africa 2023
- Citizenship in one of the three countries involved (dual citizenship possible)
- younger than 30 years old at the start of the scholarship
- obtained a university diploma
- excellent command of the German language
- Interest in political contexts, as well as social and political participation
How to Apply for German International Parliamentary Scholarship Program for Young Leaders in Southern Africa 2023
Please email the complete online application documents to the German representation in your home country in a PDF document with the file name consisting of your surname and first name (ie “surname-first name”).
Your application must be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Please include a passport photo on page 1 of the application form.
- Online application form (www.bundestag.de/ips afrikanisch);
- Proof of excellent German language skills (at least CEF level B 2);
- Motivational letter (maximum of two pages);
- a copy of your passport or ID;
- a copy of the degree certificate that has been officially certified;
- a recommendation letter in German or English (from a university professor or from the employer, in which the professional qualifications of the applicant for the program are assessed).
- Copies are certified when an official body (German or foreign authority, embassy or consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany, university office, notary, officially sworn interpreter) confirms the photocopy matches the original with an official seal and signature. Each individual sheet must be certified if there are several stapled photocopies. The application cannot be processed if the documents are not properly certified.
Please send your online application to your home country’s German representation!
For More Information, Go To The Official Website