If you want to study in Germany on a scholarship, read on. Because we will explain in detail what the DAAD scholarship 2023 is, its benefits, and the step-by-step application procedure in this article.
The DAAD Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded international student scholarship. This scholarship is available to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at one of Germany’s top universities. DAAD scholarships pay 861 euros per month for graduates and 1,200 euros per month for doctoral candidates.
Well-trained experts who are linked to international partners play an important role in their countries’ long-term development. They are the best guarantee of a better future with less poverty, more education, and better health for all. The DAAD encourages the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs.
The scholarships provide foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases, to pursue a doctoral degree and obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 Summary
- Doctorate (PhD) / Master’s Degree
- DAAD is an institution.
- Germany as a study destination
- Courses Available:
- Economic, legal, agricultural, and forest sciences
- Natural Sciences, Design Engineering, and Art
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Studies in Language and Culture
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Medical and Health Sciences
- You can also view the full list of Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Duration: 12 to 36 months, depending on the length of the study program chosen.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on the study program, deadlines can be found here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
The DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany provides the following benefits to the recipient:
- Monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, depending on academic level.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Payments for health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- One-time study allowance.
Scholarship recipients may be eligible for the following additional benefits under certain conditions:
- Subsidized monthly rent.
- Contribution to tuition fees levied by the university (up to € 500.- per semester).
DAAD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2023
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany:
- Languages required: English or German
- English is the language of instruction for international programs. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate, such as the TOEFL or IELTS.
- Other programs are taught in German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate, such as DSH or TestDaF.
- Countries Eligible: Click here for a list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) or a Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates must have at least two years of professional experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate development-related motivation and will be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support change processes in their personal and professional environments following their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023?
To apply for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD in Germany, please follow the steps below:
Can you apply for more than one DAAD scholarship?
You may apply for up to three courses. If you are applying to more than one course, please list them in the order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the relevant application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- DAAD application form signed and current date
- Personal CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with the current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date
- IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum of three), you must submit a single motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must be on letterhead, include a signature, and be current (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) demonstrating a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (following the bachelor degree) at the time of application, and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon return home.
- Proof of Language Proficiency:
- IELTS or TOEFL in English (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for German-taught courses.
- Academic Degree Copies (certified translation if necessary)
- Academic transcripts, including grading scale (certified translation if necessary).
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China must submit an APS Certificate along with their application materials.
Please keep in mind that some courses may require additional documentation. Please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites for more information. To be considered, complete applications must be submitted in English or German.
Step-by-Step DAAD Scholarship Application and Selection Procedure:
- Choose courses that are of interest to you. (You may apply for a maximum of three courses.)
- Apply to universities that offer those programs.
- You send your complete application(s) (including the above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee recommends potential candidates for DAAD scholarships.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (DAAD will send an email with a link to the DAAD Portal.) The selection process will be completed, and the recommended candidates will be notified.
IMPORTANT: Make a copy of each document in your application, as these documents (as PDF files) must be uploaded to the DAAD Portal if you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship!
Deadline for DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023
The application deadline for the DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023 in Germany varies by university and course. Each university has a different deadline.
Website for DAAD Scholarship 2023/daad scholarship 2022 official website
To learn more about the DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD in Germany, please visit the official website: Official Website