The Obama Foundation Scholars program will provide opportunities for rising leaders from the United States and around the world who are already making a difference in their communities to advance their work through an immersive curriculum that combines academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning.
Throughout the academic year, the Obama Foundation provides a robust curriculum of leadership development, training, networking activities, and customized support to help Obama Scholars gain the real-world skills, tools, and experiences they need to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
Application deadline: October 21, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET.
All countries are eligible.
Masters and Training
The number of awards is not specified.
Award monetary value:
- Stipend paid monthly to help with living expenses in New York City.
- A fully furnished studio apartment close to Columbia University.
- Tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University are included.
- For the duration of the program, basic medical, dental, and life insurance are provided.
- Travel to and from the home country by plane, as well as any program-related activities
- The Obama Foundation will lead leadership development programming to help scholars gain real-world skills, tools, and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home.
Program duration: one year
Eligibility for Obama Foundation Scholars Program for Emerging Leaders to Study at University of Columbia – USA 2023:
Columbia University’s Obama Foundation Scholars Program seeks rising leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership in a community, region, or country outside the United States, as well as a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following program completion and use their enhanced training, skills, and connections for the benefit of these communities on a long-term basis.
- Are emerging leaders who have made significant contributions to their field and who have reached a “tipping point” in their careers.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written, and spoken) and have the ability and desire to positively shape their community’s future
- Have a track record of demonstrating humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, and imagination and teamwork
How to Apply for Obama Foundation Scholars Program for Emerging Leaders to Study at University of Columbia – USA 2023:
We are now accepting applications from qualified and eligible candidates. Please see the program guidelines for 2023 by clicking here.