Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is an academic enrichment program for outstanding international high school students. Every summer, students from over 150 countries (including all 50 U.S. states) gather on Yale’s historic campus for a two-week interdisciplinary session.
Application deadline: November 2, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET
International countries are eligible.
To be taken at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
Type: Undergraduate Short Courses
The number of awardees has not been specified.
YYGS is able to offer a limited number of Scholarships, which are Need-Based Financial Aid packages that cover full-tuition ($6,300 USD) and travel costs, thanks to generous donors.
Eligibility for 2023 Yale Young Global Scholars for High School Students – USA:
- Age requirement: You must be at least 16 years old by July 16, 2023. (first day of Session III).
- English Fluency: The ability to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum that is delivered in English.
- Grade Level: You must be a current sophomore or junior in high school (or international equivalent).
- Graduation Date: May/June 2024 or 2025 in the Northern Hemisphere, or November/December 2023 or 2024 in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Participation of YYGS: Participate in YYGS for the first time. If you participated in a previous summer’s YYGS session (e.g., 2022 or prior), you are not eligible to participate in YYGS 2023.