The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to scholars to help them build their research network and develop essential leadership skills. Global Scholars are researchers from any country who have received their first academic appointment within the last five years.
Application Deadline: October 25th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
All countries are eligible.
To be completed in (country): Canada
Research and Fellowship
The number of awardees has not been specified.
Program duration: two years
Program Worth: Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives the following benefits:
- A two-year fellowship in a CIFAR research program, which is a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- Unrestricted research funding of $100,000 CAD
- Senior researcher mentoring within a CIFAR research program
- Across CIFAR’s research programs, there are opportunities to network, collaborate, and form communities with peers from various disciplines.
- Through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings, participants receive specialized leadership and communication skills training as well as support in putting their skills into action.
Eligibility for CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme for International Researchers (Fully-funded) – 2023
- Applicants may be from any country, but must have a PhD (or equivalent) and be no more than five years from their first full-time academic appointment.
- Scholars’ research interests must be compatible with the themes of a CIFAR-eligible research program.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* in Toronto, Canada on March 22-24, 2021. CIFAR will cover all travel expenses.
How to Apply for CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme for International Researchers (Fully-funded) – 2023:
They are seeking applications from early-career research leaders who are interested in participating in any of the CIFAR research programs listed below:
Limits, Membership, and Belonging
The Brain, Mind, and Consciousness
Subsurface Science and Exploration in Earth 4D
Threats and Opportunities in the Fungal Kingdom
Prosperity, Equity, and the Future of Innovation
For More Information, Go To The Official Website