The Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE) is available to support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s institutions of higher learning, to attract top foreign researchers and students, and to promote international recognition of Québec universities and College Centres for Technology Transfer (CCTT).
Deadline for applications: November 1st, 2022 at 16:00 (EST)
International countries are eligible.
Doctoral, Research, and Postdoctoral
The number of awards is not specified (There are no quotas per country)
Award monetary value:
- Doctoral research fellowships are worth $25,000 per year. The scholarship will last three years, with a 12-month extension option (a $1,000 monthly allowance).
- Postdoctoral fellowships are available for $35,000 per year (cannot be renewed).
- Scholarships for short-term research or professional development: $3,000 per month for up to four months.
- In addition to the scholarship, MEES exempts all scholarship recipients from paying the higher tuition fees required for international students, as well as the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec’s medical insurance coverage (RAMQ).
Duration of Award:
- Doctoral research fellowships: The scholarship has a maximum duration of three years (nine semesters), with a possible extension of up to 12 months.
- Postdoctoral fellowships: This scholarship is for one year. This scholarship will not be renewed.
- Scholarships for short-term research or professional development: This scholarship is for four months. The scholarship cannot be renewed. If the duration of the research is less than four months, a shorter-term scholarship may be granted.
Eligibility for 2023 Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program for International Students:
- Applicants must be foreign students or researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering) who have been chosen by a Québec university, Synchronex, the China Scholarship Council (CSC), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico (SRE), or the National Council on Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT) to begin or continue their studies or research in Québec.
How to apply for 2023 Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program for International Students:
To begin the application process, go to the official website.