- Masters Degree
- Deadline: 1 Nov 2022 (annual)
- Study in: UK
- Course starts Sept/Oct 2023
Brief explanation for British Chevening Scholarships :
Chevening Scholarships are a global scholarship program funded by the UK government’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. The program provides awards to outstanding scholars from around the world with leadership potential to study for a master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Institution(s) hosting: Any university in the United Kingdom
Level of study/Field(s) of study: Full-time taught Masters Degree Program in any subject for one year. Use the course finder to locate eligible master’s degrees at every university in the United Kingdom.
Number of Awards for British Chevening Scholarships:
Around 1,500 scholarships globally will be offered.
Target group British Chevening Scholarships:
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
Scholarship worth and inclusions for British Chevening Scholarships :
A Chevening Scholarship typically covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, travel costs to and from the United Kingdom, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility for British Chevening Scholarships :
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
• Be a Chevening-eligible country or territory’s citizen.
• Return to your home country for at least two years after your scholarship has expired.
• By the time you submit your application, you must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will allow you to gain admission to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the United Kingdom, but it may differ depending on your course and university of choice.
• Have at least two years of work experience (equivalent to 2,800 hours).
• Apply to three different UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer from one of these options by July 13th.
Instructions for use for British Chevening Scholarships:
Chevening Award applications can only be submitted through the Chevening online application system, which is accessible via the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. The application deadline is November 1, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. GMT (midday).
It is critical to visit the official website’s individual country page for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/