The MSc in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence at Stellenbosch University is a one-year structured master’s programme designed for students with a strong mathematical and computational background. It will provide you with the fundamentals of ML and AI, as well as a suite of sophisticated techniques and concepts at the cutting edge of these fields’ research.
- Application deadline: August 31, 2022
- Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible.
- Master’s, Ph.D. (research-based)
- Taken in (Country): South Africa
- 5 awards were given out.
Value of Award for DeepMind Scholarships at Stellenbosch University – South Africa :
The scholarships cover university fees, health insurance, housing, living expenses, and opportunities to attend international conferences. DeepMind researchers will mentor the recipients as well.
Eligibility for DeepMind Scholarships at Stellenbosch University – South Africa:
- Candidates must be Africans. Applicants from groups across the continent who are underrepresented in the global machine learning landscape will be given preference.
- Applicants should also be familiar with numerical linear algebra, vector calculus, basic probability theory, and statistics, as well as have existing and demonstrable proficiency in Python or an equivalent programming language.
- By the time of enrollment, applicants must have one of the following qualifications: an honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Mathematical Statistics; a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; or a NQF level 8 qualification in a field closely related to ML and AI.
How to Apply for DeepMind Scholarships at Stellenbosch University – South Africa:
If you apply for the program before August 31st, you will be considered for a scholarship. In September, successful applicants will be notified.