New Zealand is pleased to announce the launch of a Special Round of the New Zealand – Global Research Alliance Scholarship in support of the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA) (NZ-GRADS). NZ-GRADS is a PhD scholarship for developing-country science students to complete their PhD at a New Zealand university.
- Application deadline: September 30, 2022
- Developing countries are eligible.
- PhD level
Six awards were given out.
Award Value and Duration: The scholarship covers the following for three years (36 months):
- Annual tuition fees and associated student levies at New Zealand University are up to $10,000 NZD per year.
- A yearly living allowance of $28,000 NZD (tax free)
- Annual medical insurance coverage of up to $700 NZD
- Visa application fees are limited to a maximum of $1,000.
- Return flights to New Zealand for up to $6,000
- A book and thesis preparation allowance of up to $1,500 is available (one-off).
Eligibility of New Zealand Global Research Alliance Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) for Developing Countries 2022: To apply, you must first:
Be a citizen of a developing country (as defined by the International Monetary Fund); and Have earned a Master’s degree or the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with honors in one of the following fields: agriculture, soil science, microbiology, genetics, environmental modeling, plant science, environmental chemistry/science, or other related fields
How to Apply: Apply Here.