The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding minority high school seniors from low-income families. The scholarship is given to exceptional student leaders each year in order to help them reach their full potential.
Application deadline: September 15th, 2022
- International countries are eligible.
- Undergraduate level
- Value of Award: Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* not already covered by other financial aid, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
- Number of Awards: Unspecified
Eligibility Gates Scholarship for Low-Income Students :
Students who wish to apply must be:
- A senior in high school
- You must be of one of the following ethnicities: Pell-eligible African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States
Interview date, Process and Venue for The Gates Scholarship
A perfect candidate will have:
- Outstanding academic performance in high school (ranking in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Leadership abilities must be demonstrated (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Outstanding personal success abilities (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply: APPLY HERE